Sri Manakula Vinayagar Engineering College
Strive to be the premier choice for the talented, prospective students and to be recognized as a source of outstanding engineers for employers, entrepreneurs and leaders.
Efficacious Engineer (M1):To prepare the students for successful engineer by inculcating discipline, leadership qualities, entrepreneurship skills, professional and ethical values for the betterment of our society and nation.
High End Education (M2):To provide independent and engaged learning there by identifying their unique talent and nourish it, according to their requirements.
Employability (M3):To create employable skill among the students to procure jobs in the field of study.
Global Participants (M4):To make them as global competitors in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
Programme Educational Objectives
(PEO1):Technical Knowledge : To foster our young graduates with sound technical knowledge so as to make them employable.
(PEO2):Real Time Applications : To apply the learned knowledge in the field of Mathematics, Science and Engineering in real time applications.
(PEO3):Design Ability : To design a system, component or process to meet the desired needs within realistic constraints such as manufacturing, economy, environmental sustainability, social, ethical, health and safety.
(PEO4):Ethics:To prepare the students to become multi-dimensional entrepreneurs with professional attitude in the broader social perspective.
(PEO5):Life - Long Learning : To craft curiosity among students for life-long learning through self-study.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1:Solving Real Time Problems: Apply rational ability in analyzing real time problems, and use professional and ethical behaviors to provide absolute solutions to the complications.
- PSO2:Focussing Professional Career in PDM: To provide an ambience learning surroundings that is helpful for the growth of successful professional career of students in the field of Product design and manufacturing.
- PSO3:Concentrating on Skill Development:To provoke the student’s technical capabilities in engineering design process, intra and inter personnel, linguistic and higher level professional skills required in engineering.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of Mathematics, Science, Engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Engineering Sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
The Primary goal of the department is to prepare the students for a successful professional career in the respective discipline. the curriculum is structured to provide each student with a sound background in engineering science and a through foundation for the analysis and design of electronics, computer and digital systems.
Short Term Goals
- To strengthen the infrastructure and human resources of the department.
- To conduct continuing education programs, workshops and conferences for knowledge sharing with outside world.
- To improve academic performance of students using innovative and creative methods of teachinges.
- To conduct programmes for students to acquire soft and hard skills and inculcate leadership qualities, research orientation and technical skills.
- To conduct faculty development programmes regularly for skill up gradation.
Long Term Goals
- To encourage students in the research activities of the department.
- To establish a centre-of-excellence for research in computer science and engineering.
- To establish and strengthen Industry – Institute Interaction and be an Industry solution provider.
- To take up sponsored projects from private and government organizations.
- To be one among the top training institutes in Puducherry and Tamilnadu and to be recognized as the best department in terms of research and innovation.
- To create better entrepreneurs in the area of computer science and engineering.