Vision of the Department
To produce dynamic and versatile software engineers adaptable to the every increasing demands of emerging technologies involving analytical and practical skills and enabling them to face any challenges in the global network
Mission of the Department
- Competence (M1): To provide excellent IT engineers with strong analytical, programming and problem solving skills to meet the prerequisites of the existing world and future
- Exemplar (M2): To instill the institution ethics in their field to cope with the needs of society
- Complaisant (M3): To accord a prompt and courteous professional in the IT sector
- Eminence (M4): To bring the overall personality development of students for the unmatched academic excellence in near future
Programme Educational Objectives
- PEO1 - Expertise: To provide essential background in Science, Basic Electronics and applied Mathematics
- PEO2 - Fortify: To prepare the students with fundamental knowledge in programming languages and in developing applications
- PEO3 - Equip: To develop skill in understanding the complexity in networking, security, data mining, web technology and mobile communicationso as to develop innovative applications and projects in these areas for the betterment of society, as well as to enable them to pursue higher education
- PEO4 - Endow: To enable the students as full-fledged professionals by providing opportunities to enhance their analytical, communication skills and problem solving skills along with organizing abilities
- PEO5 - Conventional: To familiarize the students with the ethical issues in engineering profession, issues related to the worldwide economy, nurturing of current job related skills and emerging technologies
Programme Specific Objectives
- PSO1 : Establishment of Mathematical and computer systems concepts: To use mathematical and system concepts to solve multidisciplinary problems using appropriate mathematical analysis, system and programming concepts on various computing environments
- PSO2 : Establishment of communication and information concepts: To inculcate good breadth of knowledge to apply and enhance informatics and communication technologies
- PSO3 : Establishment of Business, Technological concepts: The ability to interpret and respond to business agility with relevant software tools and skills and provide newer ideas and innovations in information technology research
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of Mathematics, Science, Engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Engineering Sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Short Term Goals
- To strengthen the infrastructure and human resources.
- To conduct programme for students to acquire soft and hard skills.
- To inculcate leadership qualities, research orientation technical skills.
- To achieve a minimum of 90% pass in all subjects.
Long Term Goals
- To establish center of excellence for research in the field of computers.
- To take up sponsored projects from private and government organizations.
- To increase the number of publications and patents.
- To produce 100% placement in MNC companies.