The Department of Information Technology offers a concrete atmosphere for students to learn and acquire necessary skills demanded by the industry. The Department has been well recognized for producing efficient professionals with outstanding academic performance. Our aim is to provide quality education to the students and impart IT excellence in them. Apart from making the students as good technocrats, individual attention is also given to make the student a good citizen and also to serve the industry and society beneficially. The Department has experienced faculty members who are fully committed to teaching and research. The Department also provides various add on courses to the students. The Department always strives to reach the latest technology and advancement in this field to the young technowizards as well as applicants by inviting the corporate legends, experienced academicians to enlighten the IT community of our Department.
Programme Educational Objectives
- To provide essential background in Science, basic Electronics and applied Mathematics.
- To prepare the students with fundamental knowledge in programming languages and to develop applications.
- To develop skill in understanding the complexity in networking, security, data mining, web technology and mobile communication so as to develop innovative applications and projects in these areas for the betterment of society, as well as to enable them to pursue higher education.
- To enable the students as fullfledged professionals by providing opportunities to enhance their analytical and communication skills along with organizing abilities.
- To familiarize the students with the ethical issues in engineering profession, issues related to the worldwide economy, nurturing of current job related skills and emerging technologies.
- At the end of the four year programme, the graduates will be able to Demonstrate the knowledge of Mathematics, Science and Engineering.
- Able to analyze a problem and define the computing requirements.
- Design a system, component or process to meet desired needs within economic, environmental, social, health & safety and sustainability.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge in fundamentals of Information Technology and related programming technologies.
- Comprehend and apply software engineering methodologies in project work to solve complex problems.
- Understand the emerging technologies and apply the working knowledge of software and hardware tools.
- Have the knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities in the corporate sectors.
- Be able to interact professionally with peers and clients with diverse cultures and medium of communication located in geographically disperse locations in the context of computing and software engineering.
- Able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Groom them in continuing professional development to the requirements of corporate challenges.
Short Term Goals
- To strengthen the infrastructure and human resources.
- To conduct programme for students to acquire soft and hard skills.
- To inculcate leadership qualities, research orientation technical skills.
- To achieve a minimum of 90% pass in all subjects.
Long Term Goals
- To establish center of excellence for research in the field of computers.
- To take up sponsored projects from private and government organizations.
- To increase the number of publications and patents.
- To produce 100% placement in MNC companies.
Vision & Mission
To produce dynamic and versatile software engineers adaptable to the ever increasing demands of emerging technologies involving analytical and practical skills and enabling them to face any challenges in the global network.
- To provide excellent IT engineers to meet the prerequisites of the existing world and in the future
- To instill the institution ethics in their field to cope with the needs of society
- To accord a prompt and courteous professionals in the IT sector
- To bring about the overall personality development of students for the unmatchable academic excellence in near future