“To be an effective source of technical manpower for the nation and to contribute to the growth of the nation by constantly upgrading the quality of technical education by meeting the challenging needs of the twenty first century and effectively coordinating the activities of the staff, students and the industry while keeping up the ethical and moral standards required”.
- M1: (Quality education and Ethics) - To provide quality education with ethical values.
- M2: (All round competitiveness) - To train and educate students with all round competitiveness.
- M3: (Centre for Research studies) - To develop the department as a Centre for research studies in various specialized areas and to strengthen the Industry-Institute Interaction.
- M4: (Higher studies and Society oriented research) - To motivate the students to do higher studies and to undertake society oriented research.
- M5: (Team Spirit, Leadership Quality) - To nurture the talent and to facilitate the students with Team Spirit, Leadership Quality and Flexibility in Budding Electrical Engineers that makes a positive difference to society through education.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1: (Technical knowledge and competency skills in Electrical machines and Power electronics)
To provide technical knowledge, skill and competence to identify, comprehend and solve problems in industry, research and academics related to Electrical Machineries, power electronics hardware.
- PEO 2: (Higher education and Future researchers with innovative ideas)
To prepare and inspire the students to become future researchers / scientists with innovative ideas for a sustainable development and to prepare the students to excel in imbibing the concept of higher education.
- PEO 3: (Design of electrical and electronic systems)
To induce the students to design electrical, electronic and computing system that are innovative and society acceptable and to motivate the students to exhibit professionalism, ethics, communication skills and team work.
- PEO 4: (Adapt to current trends and Lifelong learning)
To motivate them to adapt to current trends through lifelong learning and to motivate the students to do useful application oriented research
PSO-Program Specific Objectives
- PSO 1: Electrical knowledge to Face challenges
To utilize the knowledge of power electronics in collaboration with machines and power systems in innovative, dynamic and challenging environment for the research based teamwork.
- PSO 2: Innovative research technologies
To explore the scientific theories, ideas, methodologies and the new cutting edge technologies in renewable energy engineering and use this erudition in their professional development to complete in solving the current and future energy problems universally.
- PSO 3: Design/developments of industrial needs
To analyse, design and implement electrical and electronics systems and deal with the rapid pace of industrial innovations and developments.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of Mathematics, Science, Engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Engineering Sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Short Term Goals
- To improve academic excellence.
- To modernize all the laboratories.
- To organize various add on courses for the students.
- To encourage the students to participate in community development programs.
- To encourage the faculty to participate in National / International events and also in research activities.
Long Term Goals
- Upgrading infrastructure and lab facilities from time to time and providing adequate opportunities for students and researchers to explore their innovative ideas.
- Bringing innovative products by providing innovative teaching learning process.
- Acquiring patent and strengthening Industry-Institute Interaction.
- Making a perfect blend of industrial exposure coupled with good technical base.
- Offering additional M.Tech courses as well as Ph.D in the department.
- Achieving 100% results and placements.
- Providing society oriented services.
- To train for central civil service examinations like IES ,IFS, IAS and IPS.
- Developing products through Technology Business Incubators (TBI) cell in turn to develop entrepreneur skills among the students.
- Training the students to get employment in the public sectors through our technical training.
- Developing centre of excellence in the field of “Machines”&“Control automation” through innovative R&D work.
- Improving Industry-Institute Interaction.