Vision & Mission
To achieve academic excellence in Computer Science and Engineering by imparting in depth knowledge to the students, facilitating research activities and cater to the ever changing industrial demands and societal needs.
- M1: Latest Tools: To provide exposure to students to the latest tools and technologies in the area of computer hardware and software.
- M2: Industrial Environment: To establish interaction with industry oriented institutes to make the students ready for the industrial environment.
- M3: Quality Education: To provide quality engineering education to the students through state of art education.
- M4: Research based Projects: To promote research based project/activities in the emerging areas of technology convergence and serve the needs of industry, government, society and the scientific community.
- M5: Human Potential: To develop human potential to its fullest extent so that intellectually capable and optimistic leaders can emerge in range of professions.
Programme Educational Objectives
- PE01: Professional Development: To enhance the students’ skills and amend new computing technologies through self-reliant professional development.
- PE02: Research: To advocate design, research and implementation of products and services in the field of Computer Science & Engineering through strong communication, leadership and entrepreneurial skills.
- PE03: Technical Achievements: To be a part of industry, government or entrepreneurial endeavors to demonstrate professional advancement through significant technical achievements.
- PE04: Designing Solutions: Be endowed with the ability to think logically and analyze technical, business oriented problems and design solutions.
- PE05: Professional Ethics: To maintain professional ethics, corporate grooming and demonstration of personal responsibility.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO1: Programming skill: To gain skills in terms of programming and problem solving related with the computer science discipline.
- PSO2: Training: To inculcate the knowledge in problem solving, providing continuous profession inputs based on various trainings.
- PSO3: Competent skills: To develop competent skills and knowledge of software design process. Familiarity and practical proficiency with a broad area of programming concepts and provide new ideas and innovations towards research.
The Primary goal of the department is to prepare the students for a successful professional career in the respective discipline. the curriculum is structured to provide each student with a sound background in engineering science and a through foundation for the analysis and design of electronics, computer and digital systems.
Short Term Goals
- To strengthen the infrastructure and human resources of the department
- To conduct continuing education programs, workshops and conferences for knowledge sharing with outside world
- To improve academic performance of students using innovative and creative methods of teaching
- To conduct programmes for students to acquire soft and hard skills and inculcate leadership qualities, research orientation and technical skills
- To conduct faculty development programmes regularly for skill up gradation
Long Term Goals
- To encourage students in the research activities of the department
- To establish a centre-of-excellence for research in computer science and engineering
- To establish and strengthen Industry – Institute Interaction and be an Industry solution provider
- To take up sponsored projects from private and government organizations
- To be one among the top training institutes in Puducherry and Tamilnadu and to be recognized as the best department in terms of research and innovation
- To create better entrepreneurs in the area of computer science and engineering