Vision & Mission
Envisioning the knowledge and excellence in Civil Engineering and technology with global perspectives among students and make them ethically strong engineers, to build the nation.
- To provide quality education imbued with proper values, technical knowledge and skills responsive to the changing needs of the nation.
- To be able to work effectively as a team member and team leader with a perfect blend of industrial exposure coupled with good technical base.
Programme Educational Objectives
The Department of Civil Engineering seeks its students to attain the following objectives at the time of their graduation,
- PEO1: To gain a thorough fundamental knowledge, problem solving skills, engineering experimental abilities, and design capabilities for a civil engineering career.
- PEO2: To establish the knowledge and skills necessary for identifying and assessing design alternatives and the related social, economic, environmental, and public safety impacts.
- PEO3: To develop the ability to deal effectively with ethical and professional issues, taking into account the broader societal implications of civil engineering.
- PEO4: To create competent professionals who are trained in the design and development of Civil Engineering systems to engulf research and development activities.
Programme Specific Outcomes
- PSO1:Inculcating practical knowledge in planning, analysis, design and construction management without much exploiting natural resources.
- PSO2: Imparting effective communicational skills, leadership attributes towards the team work and developing critical thinking abilities to find solutions for civil engineering problems of multi-disciplinary nature.
- PSO3: Ability to take up any challenging employment, entrepreneurship, research and development for sustainable civil society as a civil engineering graduate.
Short Term Goals
- To cater the needs of the society and to meet the global changes, the competent professionals have to be produced by providing improved pedagogical methods.
- To improve academic performance of students using innovative and creative methods of learning have to be introduced.
- To motivate the students to participate in conferences, seminars, project expos and workshops.
- To conduct programs for students to acquire soft and hard skills and thereby to enhance their leadership qualities.
- To conduct continuing education programs like workshops, conferences, guest lecturers for acquiring knowledge in the latest technology.
- To orient students towards research and development activities
Long Term Goals
- Creating a center-of-excellence for research in the field of civil engineering
- Providing consultancy services for both public and private sector.
- Establishing industry-institute interaction and to become a solution provider for the industries.
- Acquiring more number of sponsored projects from various agencies.
- Enhancing more publications in the emerging fields of Civil Engineering.
- Creating the spirit of entrepreneurship among students.