Civil engineering is the art of directing the great sources of power in nature for the use and convenience of mankind.
- Civil engineering is the oldest discipline after military engineering which is engrossing the civilization world.
- Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment.
- The several sub-disciplines of civil engineering are environmental engineering, geotechnical engineering, geophysics, geodesy, control engineering, structural engineering, transportation engineering, earth science, atmospheric sciences, forensic engineering, municipal or urban engineering, water resources engineering, materials engineering, offshore engineering, quantity surveying, coastal engineering, surveying, and construction engineering.
- Civil engineering has the multi-dimensional sphere in the public sector from municipal to national government, and in the private sector from individual homeowners to international companies.
Such a department which has relevance and importance in all walks of human life came into existence in this institution from the academic year 2012-13 and the first batch of students is in the second year of the course.
Programme Educational Objectives
The Department of Civil Engineering seeks its students to attain the following objectives at the time of their graduation,
- To gain a thorough fundamental knowledge, problem solving skills, engineering experimental abilities, and design capabilities for a civil engineering career.
- To establish the knowledge and skills necessary for identifying and assessing design alternatives and the related social, economic, environmental, and public safety impacts.
- To develop the ability to deal effectively with ethical and professional issues, taking into account the broader societal implications of civil engineering.
- To create competent professionals who are trained in the design and development of Civil Engineering systems to engulf research and development activities.>
Short Term Goals
- To cater the needs of the society and to meet the global changes, the competent professionals have to be produced by providing improved pedagogical methods.
- To improve academic performance of students using innovative and creative methods of learning have to be introduced.
- To motivate the students to participate in conferences, seminars, project expos and workshops.
- To conduct programs for students to acquire soft and hard skills and thereby to enhance their leadership qualities.
- To conduct continuing education programs like workshops, conferences, guest lecturers for acquiring knowledge in the latest technology.
- To orient students towards research and development activities
Long Term Goals
- Creating a center-of-excellence for research in the field of civil engineering
- Providing consultancy services for both public and private sector.
- Establishing industry-institute interaction and to become a solution provider for the industries.
- Acquiring more number of sponsored projects from various agencies.
- Enhancing more publications in the emerging fields of Civil Engineering.
- Creating the spirit of entrepreneurship among students.
Vision & Mission
To be a stimulating place to learn and practice technology and to become a leading college of engineering nationally and internationally recognized for its outstanding education, research and outreach programs.
- To foster the inbuilt qualities of the students to face the challenges of the new millennium.
- To provide opportunities to explore and experiment innovative ideas.
- To equip our students with the vital and potential dexterity to flourish in the corporate and industrial sectors.
- To dilate as a center of excellence in engineering and technology.